The concept is to do a stand alone website for a bakery – Bake & Cake – which launched a new product – cupcakes. The cupcakes can be ordered so that you can choose the bottom and then the top flavour of your choice. Besides the product there’s a campaign page for baking parties. You can order a baking party for your kids birthday and the Bake & Cake bakery will provide the professional baker, all the ingredients and decorations to the party. Afterwards the kids can eat the cupcakes.
The main target group is busy parents who have a good income. But besides that all the people who loves good, professionally made cupcakes – made with as natural ingredients as can be used.
The briefing form for the website:
- What is your company about and what are the values?
We are a Bake & Cake Bakery in USA. We love to make cakes and sweets from natural ingredients, focusing to the details and present it in an fresh and elegant way.
2. What are the requirements and the most important elements you want in your webpage?
The website needs to have good pictures and information about the new product cupcakes and the campaign – that you’re able to order a baking party for kids for example in their birthdays. It needs to have the contact info and order form, social media sharing, address and the opening hours.
3. What is your target group – what kind of visitors are you expecting on your website? (Consider their income, interests, gender and age.)
The main target group is busy, working parents who has a good incomes but not much time. They value that things have made easy for them. They can just order ready made products or packages.
4. Who are your competitors and how do you differ from them?
Competitors are all the bakeries and especially the ones who sell cupcakes. We custom make all the cupcakes as the customer wants them – you can choose the bottom and then the top flavor. We also offer the baking parties for children. Great for birthdays!
5. Do you have a URL already in your mind and what could be alternatives if that one is taking already?
6. Please list the names of three sites that you like and explain what you like about them.
I really like the colours, pictures and the layout of https://karascupcakes.com/cupcakes/.
I like the the simple look of this website and the slideshow: www.kannistonleipomo.fi
I like the look and the scroll over in this website: www.keisari.com
7. Do you have marketing material already excisting – a logo, brochures, business cards that the web pages should match to? A brand manual?
Yes, this is a stand alone website and it should match our brand, visual look and use our logo.
8. What is your deadline for completing the site? How big is the budget?
The deadline is 3.11.2017. The budget isn’t very big while this is just one part of the website.
9. Who will be the contact person for this project? Who will be responsible for maintaining the website? Will the person have the time and skills to do so?
The contact person would be me, unless I’m able to hire another person for the company and I would find him/her competent to take this project on the shoulders.
10. Do you have the material ready including the text and photographs that can be used in the webpages or do you need help with those?
No I don’t. Could you take the pictures and sketch the text, so that I could then approve them?