In the beginning I like to say that it has been busy month and I haven’t been able to concentrate to the tasks as much as I would have liked to. We are in a process of moving from China through Finland back to USA. I feel that it would have been extra important to develop a great concept here in the beginning of the new task so that the other parts of the task could have strongly rely on it as well. But I didn’t want to miss the deadline either. I might modify the logo during the summer vacation and after getting more feedback.
This weeks learning activity was a part of the Mandatory Assignment -07 Branding and Packaging. There’s four parts: create a name and logo for a dog food product, create an illustrated infographic and a brochure for the product, design a package for the product and design a point-of sale.
This first week was about to develop a name for the dog food and a logo. I chose to have “Healthy puppy” as my dog food products name. The target group is 20-60 years olds men and women who has gotten a puppy and wants to make healthy choices when choosing the food for their puppy.
Design a logo for this product, using full colour. The logo must contain a main visual and typography. The logo design process had five stages.
- Exploration: Use sketching techniques to draw thumbnails and hand in your thumbnails as scanned PDFs. Here
- Focus: Highlight three of the thumbnail ideas that you consider the best options and state why. Hand in an A4 with visuals of the three chosen thumbnails; include reasons for choosing each of these three options. Here
- Construction: Use sketching techniques and redraw ONE of your chosen concepts until you’ve reached a conclusion on a successful logo. Hand in your drawings as scanned PDFs. Here
- Testing: Experiment more with your favourite options from Step 3 and ask the opinion of a few people. Hand in examples of the logos shown to people and write their feedback or opinion on each. Here and here
- Reﬁnement: Choose your final design and execute it in Adobe Illustrator, along with the name of the product. Hand in your final logo as an A4 PDF.Here
Have a great summer and see you again in August!